Aleppo soap: properties, benefits and contraindications
Aleppo soap is a natural and traditional cleaning product, originating from the city of Aleppo in Syria. Made from olive oil and laurel oil, this soap is known for its benefits for skin and hair, as well as its mildness and effectiveness.
Today it is taking a leading role and that is why in this new OneHOWTO article we are going to talk about the Aleppo soap: properties, benefits and contraindications.
What is Aleppo soap
Aleppo soap is a type of traditional soap Originally from the city of Aleppo, in Syria. This soap is made from olive oil and bay oil, and is mixed with caustic soda and water in a cold saponification process. The result is a soap greenish brown colorwith a natural aroma and a high content of essential oils.
Aleppo soap is known for its beneficial properties for the skin, as it is mild, moisturizing and does not contain harsh chemicals. Furthermore, it is considered a organic productsince it is made with natural ingredients and is produced by hand. Currently, Aleppo soap has become popular throughout the world and is used both for personal care as for the home clean.
Aleppo soap properties
Aleppo soap is known to have several beneficial properties for the skin, including:
- Moisturizing: Aleppo soap contains olive oil, which is a moisturizing and nourishing ingredient for the skin.
- Antiseptic: The laurel oil present in Aleppo soap has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help fight bacteria and other microorganisms that can cause skin infections.
- Pain relieving: It can be beneficial for people with sensitive skin or skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, or dermatitis, as it contains natural ingredients that help soothe and reduce inflammation.
- Exfoliating: Aleppo soap can help remove dead skin cells and cleanse pores, leaving skin softer and more radiant.
- Regulator: It helps regulate sebum production in the skin, making it beneficial for people with oily or acne-prone skin.
Benefits of Aleppo soap
Aleppo soap has many benefits for the skin and hair due to its natural and mild formula. Some of the benefits of Aleppo soap are:
- Helps hydrate skin and hair: Aleppo soap contains olive oil, which is a moisturizing and nourishing ingredient. In addition, its pH is close to that of the skin, which helps maintain natural hydration.
- Calms and reduces inflammation: the laurel oil present in Aleppo soap has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and redness of the skin and scalp.
- Deep clean: Aleppo soap is a gentle yet effective cleanser that can remove dirt and excess oil from skin and hair without drying.
- Regulates sebum production: Aleppo soap can help regulate sebum production in the skin and scalp, making it beneficial for people with oily skin or oily scalps.
- Aleppo soap for hair: Aleppo soap contains laurel oil, which can strengthen hair and prevent hair loss.
- It can help treat skin and hair problems: Aleppo soap can be beneficial for people with sensitive skin and scalp, psoriasis, eczema, or dermatitis, as it contains natural ingredients that can help soothe and reduce inflammation.
How to use Aleppo soap
Aleppo soap can be used in a variety of ways, depending on the specific purpose for which it is intended to be used. Here are some common ways to use Aleppo soap:
- As a hand and body soap: Moisten soap and gently rub into skin, creating a soft lather. Then, rinse with lukewarm water and dry the skin with a soft towel.
- As a facial cleanser: Rub the soap into wet hands and gently massage into facial skin, avoiding the eye area. Rinse with lukewarm water and dry with a soft towel.
- As a shampoo: Moisten hair and rub soap into scalp, creating a soft lather. Massage gently and then rinse with lukewarm water. You can repeat if you consider it necessary.
- As a makeup remover: Rub soap into wet hands and gently massage over face to remove makeup and residue. Rinse with lukewarm water and dry with a soft towel.
If you want to know some tips on how to do a good facial routine, find out if It is better to wash your face with cold or lukewarm water.
Contraindications of Aleppo soap
Aleppo soap is a natural and mild product, but there may be some contraindications that you should be aware of before using it. One of the main contraindications is that it can cause allergic reactions in some people, which can result in irritation, redness, or itching. If you have sensitive skin or known allergies, it is important to perform a sensitivity test before using Aleppo soap.
Also, some people may experience dry skin after using Aleppo soap, especially if you have dry skin or eczema. If you experience any kind of negative reaction, you should discontinue use of the Aleppo soap immediately and consult a doctor or dermatologist.
Discover how to lighten the skin of the face.
If you want to read more articles similar to Aleppo soap: properties, benefits and contraindicationswe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.