Rosemary water for hair: benefits and how to use it
Rosemary is an aromatic plant highly appreciated in the gastronomic field, as its unmistakable aroma and flavor add body and personality to many dishes. But, did you know that this plant is also highly valued in the world of beauty and personal care? Rosemary has been used as the main ingredient in countless beauty and health treatments for centuries. Its high content in vitamins A, B2 and C.as well as iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium makes rosemary possess great antiseptic, healing, fortifying and softening qualities.
Currently, rosemary water is one of the most popular natural products that exist, as its nutrients provide incredible benefits to the skin but, above all, to the hair. If you still don’t know the properties of rosemary for hair and how you can take advantage of them, don’t miss the following OneHOWTO article. This is everything you should know about the rosemary water for hair, its benefits and how to use it.
What is rosemary used for in hair?
The benefits of rosemary for hair They are multiple, something that is mainly due to its high content of essential nutrients, antioxidants and revitalizers. We are going to tell you about some of the benefits of rosemary water on your hair, benefits that will help you show off healthier and more beautiful hair:
- prevents gray hair: Rosemary for gray hair is one of the best natural remedies out there. This is because its stimulating function favors the circulation of nutrients through the hair follicles, thus helping to reverse and prevent the first gray hairs.
- Stops hair loss: Another of rosemary’s properties for hair is that it is able to fortify fragile hair and help it grow thicker and therefore healthier.
- stimulates the scalp: rosemary is an effective hair stimulant that, in addition to improving hair texture, adds shine, softness and volume to dull and lifeless hair.
- Regulates excess sebum: rosemary also acts as a regulator of excess sebum on the scalp, thus helping to prevent greasy hair and a dry and irritated scalp.
- It is a natural dye: Due to its high pigment content, rosemary water is ideal as a natural dye for brown and dark hair, as it completely covers gray and white hair.
If you want more information about rosemary oil for hair or rosemary water for hair, in this other post about the benefits of rosemary for hair you will find everything you are looking for.
How to use rosemary water for hair
If you want to benefit from the wonderful properties of rosemary water for hairYou should know that this can be easily prepared at home. Also, if you are wondering if rosemary oil for hair has the same benefits as water, from oneHOWTO we confirm that it is, since both ingredients can help you achieve more hydrated and beautiful hair.
If he rosemary water for hair It is more indicated for this type of treatment because it is a substance that is easier to apply than oil, however, you can keep the product that suits you best. In any case, perseverance is key, because only by being routine can you achieve optimal results in a few weeks.
Now, rosemary water will be used in one way or another depending on the uses you want to give it. Next, we explain how to use water or rosemary oil for hair depending on what you need:
- Rosemary water for gray hair
- Rosemary water to prevent hair loss
- rosemary water for hair growth
- Rosemary water for shiny and soft hair
- Rosemary water for oily hair
Rosemary water for gray hair
Rosmarinic acid makes rosemary water a perfect natural method for cover and prevent gray hair. And it is that rosemary has great coloring power that makes it the ideal natural dye to make gray or white hair disappear. You can buy coloring shampoos or rosemary-based vegetable dyes in specialized stores, however, you can follow this recipe to make rosemary water for gray hair. You will only need:
- 300 g of fresh rosemary (you can buy it at any herbalist)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 500 ml of water
Preparation and use
- Bring the water to a boil and, when it reaches a boil, add the rosemary.
- Lower the heat and let the rosemary boil for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the tablespoon of vinegar, stirring until dissolved.
- Let the rosemary water cool and strain or filter it to separate the leaves from the coloring lotion.
- Pour the rosemary water lotion into a container that is comfortable for you to apply (a glass bottle, a nozzle applicator, a spray bottle, etc.)
- With damp hair, apply the mixture from the roots to the points, as if it were a regular dye. Massage with circular movements so that the product penetrates properly.
- Leave to act for half an hour and rinse with lukewarm water.
If you are looking for more natural dyes for gray hair, be sure to visit this other OneHOWTO article.
How to prevent gray hair with rosemary water
The power stimulating and regenerative rosemary water makes it an ideal product to prevent gray hair. So, if you don’t have gray hair but you want to combat its appearance from the beginning so that your hair looks more rejuvenated and healthy, you only have to get a cup of fresh rosemary and a cup and a half of water:
- Boil the water and add the cup of fresh rosemary.
- Turn off the heat and let stand until cool.
- Strain the lotion and pour it into a jar or bottle with an applicator.
- Apply it on your dry hair with circular movements until it fully penetrates and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with water and dry and style as usual.
To learn how to avoid gray hair in more detail, we suggest you visit this other article.
Rosemary water for hair loss
The stress of daily life, as well as seasonal changes or certain periods of anxiety and nervousness, can cause hair loss. Applying rosemary water on your scalp will help you stop hair loss in these critical times. To do this, you only need to prepare a rosemary infusion with the same ingredients and following the same procedure that we have explained to prevent gray hair.
- You should apply rosemary water for hair loss every time you wash your hair, after using and rinsing your usual shampoo.
- Spray all your hair with the rosemary water anti-loss lotion and massage your scalp for two minutes.
- Brush your hair gently and let it air dry. It is better that you avoid the use of hair dryers.
- For the treatment to be effective, you must repeat this process for two weeks.
You can expand this information in the following article on Rosemary for hair loss: properties, benefits and how to use it.
rosemary water for hair growth
A diet rich in vitamins and minerals is very important for hair to grow. Likewise, applying localized remedies to the scalp will help you stimulate blood circulation in the area and promote the growth of a greater number of hair strands. In this case, if you wonder what is rosemary used for in hair You should know that it can also help you grow your hair. We explain how to make your own rosemary water shampoo for hair growth:
To do this, you only need to prepare an infusion of rosemary water, as we have explained in this article, and then follow these steps:
- Add 250 ml of rosemary water to 250 ml of neutral shampoo (preferably organic or natural).
- Mix well and use as your regular shampoo.
- If you wish, you can add a tablespoon of lavender oil to your shampoo with rosemary water. Lavender will give your hair extra softness and a very pleasant perfume, as well as reinforcing the revitalizing qualities of rosemary itself.
Here we give you more ideas about How to make homemade rosemary shampoo and we show you more about How to grow hair with rosemary.
Rosemary water for shiny, soft and voluminous hair
Rosemary’s nutrients will also help you keep the hair follicles of your scalp hydrated and nourished, favoring your hair grows healthy and shiny. Due to its high content of vitamins C and B, rosemary water is ideal to help you fight against free radicals that favor the aging of your hair.
To achieve shiny, soft and voluminous hair, add rosemary water to your usual shampoo, as we have advised you in the previous section. But, in addition, we advise you to use a rosemary alcohol mask for hair that will nourish your hair and facilitate your hairstyle. This mask is ideal, especially if you have a dry, fine or colored and damaged hair.
- A cup of previously prepared rosemary water
- A dessert spoon of rosemary oil
- Half a cup of olive oil (better if it is organic)
- Heat the olive oil without letting it boil and turn off the heat.
- Add the rosemary oil and rosemary water and stir until well blended.
- When the solution is cold, pour it into a container that facilitates its application (with nozzle, applicator, spray type…).
- Apply the olive and rosemary oil-based mask before shampooing and on dry hair. To do this, perform circular massages from your scalp to the ends of the hair.
- Leave the mask with rosemary water to act for 20 minutes. If you want the product to penetrate more effectively, wrap a towel around your head or cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Next, rinse and proceed to shampoo your hair until all traces of the mask are removed. You can use this mask with rosemary water twice a week.
Rosemary water for oily hair
within the benefits of rosemary water For hair, it is also worth noting its properties for oily hair. This type of hair usually has an excess of sebum on the scalp, something that gives the hair a dull and unkempt appearance. In addition, sebum can also cause irritation and flaking of the scalp, as well as the appearance of dandruff.
The astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory action of rosemary make it the perfect remedy to combat excess sebum, itching and flaking. Using rosemary water on your hair, you will be able to reduce fat and maintain a healthy scalp:
- Prepare the rosemary water following the instructions in the first section.
- Add a teaspoon of rosemary oil to enhance its astringent action on oily hair.
- Apply the rosemary water lotion for oily hair to your scalp and gently massage for two minutes.
- Let the lotion act for 20 minutes and finally rinse and comb as usual.
Also, you should know that rosemary oil for hair and rosemary alcohol for hair They are also useful when it comes to treating damaged hair, so you can always use these products if you have them on hand.
If you want to read more articles similar to Rosemary water for hair: benefits and how to use itwe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.